Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Novel

As a novice novelist, I have many questions regarding what path to take with my manuscript. Part of me wants to self-publish...and the trend in publishing seems to be moving toward that direction.

However, having an agent sounds enticing! Connections, upfront cash with which to (fuck around) work on another masterpiece, ace in your legal pocket protector, backstage groupies (oops, wrong decade...)

All I know is that within the few short months of creating fictional characters and a vague plot, I've experienced a wide array of epiphanies on paper.

That said, my research has revealed that this latent passion, similar to a musical one, provides little in the way of financial security. Sad, but true...

The few authors you can probably name by name spent years (usually a decade or more) creating several literary works, earning as little as a few thousand dollars for each, if that.

A book is a book is a book... But I'm thoroughly enjoying this new project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment